How to set the due date to future date in jelly script

Mike Whitlock October 14, 2012

Hello,

I have a jelly script that creates Issues. I want to set the Due Date field to the current Date + 30 days. I can get the current date using the code below, but can anyone tell me how to add 30 days to the current date (in the code below both timestamp and formattedDate give me the current date)?

Thanks,

Mike

<core:new className="java.util.Date" var="timestamp" />
<core:new className="java.text.SimpleDateFormat" var="format">
<core:arg type="java.lang.String" value="yyyy-MM-dd" />
</core:new>
<core:invokeStatic className="java.util.TimeZone" method="getTimeZone" var="timezone">
<core:arg type="java.lang.String" value="GMT" />
</core:invokeStatic>
<core:invoke on="${format}" var="formattedDate" method="setTimeZone">
<core:arg type="java.util.TimeZone" value="${timezone}" />
</core:invoke>
<core:invoke on="${format}" var="formattedDate" method="format">
<core:arg type="java.util.Date" value="${timestamp}" />

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mike Whitlock October 15, 2012

I was able to get it to work... now when I auto create an issue with a jelly script the due date is automatically set to the current date + 30 days with the code below...

<core:invokeStatic className="java.util.Calendar" method="getInstance" var="CalendarField"/>

<core:invoke on="${CalendarField}" method="add" var="StartDate">
<core:arg type="int" value="7"/>
<core:arg type="int" value="30" />

Hope this helps someone.

Mike

0 votes
Neil Arrowsmith
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 12, 2014

Hi Mike - any chance you can share the full script? Or how the first part you posted and the second part go together?

Essentially, i'm trying to create an issue with Jelly, with the date in the summary. I used the first part from above to get this working fine (Thanks!), but what I want to do next is change it to me tomorrow's date rather than today.

Thanks very much

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events