How to resolve issues in Simple Issue Tracking Workflow?

Ronald Lo February 6, 2014

I just created a new project using the Simple Issue Tracking Workflow. When I click on an issue and set it to 'Done' it sets the status of the issue to 'Done', but does not set a resolution. I can't seem to find a way to set the resolution.

How do I have it so that when an issue moves to a status of Done that the resolution is also set to Done?

Thanks!

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 6, 2014

You should set the resolution by either

1) Using a post function on every transition into "done" (It'll be the same resolution every time)

2) Adding a screen that includes the resolution field to every transition into "done" (assuming your users want to choose)

For both of those, you want to clear the resolution in a post-function for "reopen" type transitions

0 votes
Ryan Reich February 13, 2014

I have the same problem with the Simple Issue Tracking Workflow. I think it should be by default, but doesn't seem to be working as expected. You can see the following in the documentation for it: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Simple+Issue+Tracking+project

Workflow transitions

Transitions have the following properties:

When any 'Done' transition occurs the resolution is set to Done.

When the 'Reopen' transition occurs the resolution field is cleared.

Has anyone reported this as a bug to Atlassian?

0 votes
Ronald Lo February 6, 2014

Both answers below worked for me.

One would expect that when a status has been set to 'Done' it would also be resolved, especially given the intent of the Simple Issue Tracking Workflow appears to get you up and running with very little configuration.

I think a Done status should also transition the issue into a Done resolution by default.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2014

You will have to update the workflow to set the resolution in a post function. See https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Configuring+Workflow#ConfiguringWorkflow-SettingtheResolutionfieldfor more details.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events