How do I change the name of the sprint?

Ashlee Clifton August 23, 2012

With the new Greenhopper and these boards, it is using a new Sprint field. It allows me to change the name of the Sprint but only the display name.

When I create an issue, and I type in the textbook the name of the Sprint I had created, it does not work. I finally figured out that it was tha value 3. Why is it 3? We did 3 other releases, so the only thing I can think is that it started from 0 and that is why it is naming this sprint 3.

If this is the case though, how can I change the name of the Sprint so that I know exactly what it is when I want to type it in the Text field box on creating an issue?

1 answer

0 votes
David Toussaint [Communardo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 23, 2012

Greenhopper gives you an option to provide a name for a sprint (say, e.g. "Sprint for CW 35"). This, however is just some sort of lable for the sprint, the mapping of issues an sprints is done by the field "SprintID" (or similar, not entirely sure). AFAIK this field can not be changed (might be of type "number field, not sure) and needs to be used as it is.

While I never tried to add issues to sprint by modifying that field in theary it should work. But you will have to know and provide the ID (i.e. number) of the current sprint. Other than that you cold just add the issue to the sprint by drag-and-drop in the Greenhopper Plan mode, which resembles your Product backlog.

Suggest an answer