How can I change the Confluence On Demand Dashboard?

I have gone into admin settings and changed the homepage.

But I still get sent to the dashboard unless I'm freshly logged in. We find the Dashboard, particularly the recent updates macro, to be noisy and not useful. Who cares that I uploaded a picture?

Why would the one page that I visit the most frequently be the least configurable?

How can I change the dashboard to be something useful? This is a potential dealbreaker.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 vote
Bruno Rosa Atlassian Team Dec 05, 2012

John, I believe you can change the Confluence OnDemand dashboard to be the homepage of a Space, for example. To change that you just have to access the 'General Configuration' through the following link:

- https://YOUR.INSTANCE.URL/wiki/admin/viewgeneralconfig.action

and click on the 'Edit' button at the bottom of the page. Then, under the 'Site Configuration' tab, you'll find 'Site Homepage' option.

Hope it helps.

Is this the only way to properly edit the Confluence OnDemand Dashboard, to redirect it to the homepage of a Space?

After recent update of our OnDemand Instance, some links are way to large, we need to exchange a banner and get rid of "Get started" section on the dashboard.

Best regards,

Emma Rún

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Louis De Jaeger
Posted 8 hours ago in Off-topic

Friday fun: your best joke

Hi all Lets make this Friday fun really fun and post one (or more) of your best jokes! The joke can be about an Atlassian product, or just a really fun joke you want to share! I’m not the best j...

26 views 1 2
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot