Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hipchat - Unable to change server

zaphnet September 16, 2016

When installing a HipChat server I made a mistake in the naming of the server.

In the Linux installation I managed to find the "~.config/Atlassian/HipChat.ini" file - removing this makes the app ask again when connecting.

On Windows I failed to find any file or entry in the registry? How do I force the App to ask for server name?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
David Maye
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 16, 2016

Hi Per,

I'm confused, why can't you just log out of the client? That'll present the splash screen where you can enter in the HipChat Server. Or is there another issue you're trying to circumvent?

For reference, the HipChat.ini for HipChat Windows app (tested with 4.27) should be at /Users/%username%/AppData/Roaming/Atlassian

Cheers,
-David
HipChat Server Support Engineer | Atlassian

zaphnet September 18, 2016

The (X) does not close the Application - need to terminate process - otherwise:

The Splash screen i get is "Couldn't load HipChat" + "Try Again"

David Maye
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 19, 2016

Hi Per,

In the Windows systray you should see the HipChat icon. If you right click on it, a menu will popup where you can choose to log out of the client. Once you log out, you should be presented with the splash screen to select HipChat Cloud or HipChat Server. Select HipChat Server and you then can enter in the correct HipChat Server FQDN.

Cheers,
-David
HipChat Server Support Engineer | Atlassian

1 vote
zaphnet December 5, 2017

Unable to "Unaccept" the answer!- This in it self is a bug!

Back in the same situation as before -  the application is trying to connect to a server that was removed months ago.

No way of changing server - just trying to "neeeds internet" + connecting to server 10-9-8-7.

Now I can't even find the ini file.

The logout does nothing

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events