Disable the Child Pages section

Thomas Oatman x203 TX November 26, 2012

Hi. I have a number of pages that act as a super-parent - having many children and grandchildren. On these pages I have a PageTree control so I have no need (and indeed do not want) the ChildTree control at the bottom of the page.

I have other pages that do not have this control - even pages that have children.

So I was hoping there is a way that I can manually turn off that control.... ?

I would even venture to turn it off in the entire Space and only enable on a few of my pages.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Steve Goldberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 26, 2012

You could write a User Macro that uses CSS to hide the child pages and then only include that macro on pages that you do not want it to show on. The CSS would be:

#children-section {display:none}

If you wanted something automatic then you could write a more complex macro that looks to see if the current page has any parents, and if it doesn't (or only has one), then it runs the macro. This macro would have to be called in the page layout.

Thomas Oatman x203 TX December 2, 2012

Awesome! Thanks!

Unfortunately, OnDemand does not let me add a user maco. But I added a 'CSS Stylesheet' macro to the bottom of the pages of interest and put your CSS in there. Worked perfectly ! :-)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events