Customize issue view

Georgiy Senenkov October 23, 2012

Hello,

I would like to move some fields in Issue view screen. I know it is easy to move fields on Create and Edit issue screens, but I could not find how to do this for issue view screen.

I found in some forums that this view is hard coded in some file, but do not know exactly where.

Could you please tell me what files I should modify in order to customize issue view screen? and some instruction how to modify that file, please.

Thank you.

Regards, Georgiy

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Theinvisibleman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 23, 2012

Hi,

If I understand correctly from your reply to Nic, it seems that you want to change the position 'Affects version' 'Fix versions' 'Resolved On' and 'Verified' fields in the 'View Issue Screen'. Currently, that's not really possible.

I believe that the furthest you can edit is the screen of the transition, and not the screen where you view the issue. It might be possible using some heavy customization, but that's generally not recommended in my opinion.

There is already a feature request to be able to edit the View Issue screen here : https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-9802

Please

* Vote, so that it will receive more attention

* Watch it, so that you will receive any and all updates

* Comment, and give your opinion on the matter

However, note that implementation of new features falls under Atlassian's Implementation of New Features Policy : https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DEV/Implementation+of+New+Features+Policy

Georgiy Senenkov October 24, 2012

Thank you for your information! I already voted fot that feature.

I knew that it's not really easy to modify issue view screen in such order as I described, but I would like to go further and modify files to get needed view.

Could you please advise what files should be modified?

Regards, Georgiy

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 23, 2012

The view screen is the same as create and edit. Look in the "screen schemes" to see this - you'll find you can associate different screens with the four options of "default", "create", "edit" and "VIEW"

However, there are some fields that relocate themselves in logical groupings in the view screen. These are the "system" fields, and other readily identifiable fields that naturally fall together (users, dates etC). I assume you are talking about these? There's a range of places to look depending on what you want to move around.

Could you explain roughly what you want to end up with?

Georgiy Senenkov October 23, 2012

I have two Resolved On and Verified In version type custom fields.

I would like to customize issue view in such order that Affects version, Fix Versions, Resolved On and Verified In are shown in one column one below other.

Could you please advise how it can be done?

Georgiy Senenkov October 28, 2012

ok, it seems that it cannot be easily solved.

Cheers, Georgiy

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events