Confluence shut down, can't restart, how to remove plug-in manually

Kevin Buchs
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2012

For some reason, our 3.5.1 instance stopped responding this afternoon sometime before 2pm. When we restart it, it responds briefly but then stops responding. We found one message related to a plug-in, but our attempts to uninstall the plug-in during the brief response period are failing (because it stops responding).

Here are some error messages from the log that we have been working with:

2012-09-26 16:59:24,402 ERROR Thread-1 confluence.conveyor.config.ConveyorConfigurationProvider addPackageOverride An action with the specified name already exists in the 'pages' package: checkforscaff; net.customware.confluence.plugin.scaffolding.actions.RedirectEditAction

2012-09-26 16:59:24,402 ERROR Thread-1 confluence.conveyor.config.ConveyorConfigurationProvider addPackageOverride An action with the specified name already exists in the 'pages' package: alteditpage; com.atlassian.confluence.pages.actions.EditPageAction

I can attach the latest log file, but clearly I need more to get the full picture and right now I have to wait on my sys admin to get those to me.

Can I manually uninstall the plug-in? Can you give me the procedure?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
SimonS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2012

Hi Kevin,

You should be able to dig into the Confluence home directory and remove the jar files associated with the plugin to get it gone for now.

Check out this page:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Removing+Malfunctioning+Plugins

Let us know the answer here if this works for you.

*forgot to mention that you will need full system access for these instructions.

-Simon

Kevin Buchs
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 9, 2012

Yes, this worked along with deeper measures of re-aligning the build # in the dB and the home directory and setting both to be consistent with the content. It was a real mess!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events