Confluence Re-Branding & Integration

sreekanth b October 15, 2012

Please help us to get the answer for these question.

1. Whether Confluence allows Re branding ("powered by aaa")
  2. Can I integrate Confluence with my application. For eg, I need to directly launch a 'confluence article' or 'search page' from my web-application, assuming it supports SSO.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 15, 2012

1. As @nbhushan says, no, it would be a breach of your licence to remove or change the "powered by atlassian" bit, and the link behind it. It must be visible to the user on all pages where a footer appears (i.e. most of them). You can, however, move it around, remove the version and any other links you want, and add others. It is JUST the "powered by Atlassian" bit that it would be illegal to remove or change.

2. Yes, Confluence supports SSO, and linking from other applications. It exposes a REST interface for remote applications, and provides all sorts of other hooks for "integration". Without specific examples of what you mean by "integration", we can't tell you a lot more, but for the SSO at least, start with a read of https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DEV/Single+Sign-on+Integration+with+JIRA+and+Confluence

1 vote
Bhushan Nagaraj
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2012

This is in response to part 1 of your question

Refer to section "4.6. Attribution" of the confluence end user agreement available at

http://www.atlassian.com/end-user-agreement/

Answer to your rebranding question is "No"

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events