Confluence Page History Version Compare on Scaffolding Contents?

Ken Bour May 15, 2013

It appears as though the Page History version compare function only examines the underlying Scaffolding template - not the page contents - when reporting changes. For users, it is most important to see the page content changes made via the "Edit Contents" function. The underlying Scaffolding templates are rarely altered and, even then, normally by developers or administrators.

3 answers

0 votes
John Paz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 13, 2014

I disagree about your initial statement:

It appears as though the Page History version compare function only examines the underlying Scaffolding template - not the page contents - when reporting changes.

I just did a quick test and the page created a new version when I added content to a report table, and the change was the content I added. Although I will note that when viewing the change in the page history it did not exactly display the content I entered, but instead, some weird markup-looking text was there.

I'm using Confluence 5.1.3, so I don't exactly have the same limitations as your environment. So if you tell me you're experience is different I don't mind running an earlier version of Confluence locally to test this.

Just seems like dreaming up a solution is more work than is needed because this functionality is built in.

Evgeny Victorov August 2, 2015

We have 5.8.5 now and the issue still persists - no contents difference in shown.

0 votes
Ken Bour May 15, 2013

On second thought, it would be best if the compare function displayed the differences in the rendered versions of a page, not solely the form contents.

0 votes
Ken Bour May 15, 2013

Environment: Confluence v4.3.1, Scaffolding v4.5.1.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events