Confluence Backup error

Benjamin Schwitter August 7, 2012

Hi there

We have just signed up to use confluence and I was starting to look into migrating some pages from our existing wiki using your UWC.

First things first: The documentation says that I should back up the system first, which already failed, without having added much content beforehand.

That doesn't exactly fill me with confidence using your system.

Can somebody help me out here. The error message that was reported was:

Woah! Something went wrong!

Unexpected error during export has occurred

I can log out and back in now and as soon as I even navigate to the backup page I get this error (without actually executing the backup).

Anyone any idea what I could do to get the backup to work?

Thanks

Ben

1 answer

0 votes
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2012

Hi Ben,

Without seeing your logs I wouldn't be able to say why the backup has failed, but that is something you can open a ticket with Support for if it continues to be a problem.

However, we don't actually recommend using the inbuilt Backup Manager for bacjking up your instance because it's less reliable than using the tools supplied with your database, as described in our document on strategies for backing up production instances: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Production+Backup+Strategy

All the best,
John

Benjamin Schwitter August 8, 2012

Your information does not relate to Confluence on-demand, does it? Your link points to a page which is not relevant to on-demand.

Maybe I haven't said this clear enough: We are using the on-demand version of Confluence, I tagged the question with on-demand like your system asked me to, so I thought it was clear enough which version we are using, sorry about that.

As a developer, the first thing I was looking for was actually a log somewhere. But I couldn't find a link to any log in the admin section. Is there one, but I can't find it?

I just tried to search for 'log' in your questions section, ticking 'on-demand' only, which gave me another error:

500 Server Error

Sorry, You've Encountered A System Error.

Is there a way I can look at any logs?

Btw, I retried the backup today after adding quite a few pages for the wiki yesterday and it is still not working.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events