We're running an old version of Confluence 2.8.1. Indexing stopped running sometime in July (the CFG file in the index directory all of a sudden went from 580,000kb to 480kb, it had been incrementally increasing every week or two before this happened Tried simply reindexing and optimizing, then finally decided to reindex from scratch. We run the database on a separate server. I keep getting "
reindex Timed out while waiting for reindexing threads to terminate. Continuing to wait..." in the atlassian log. Read up on the forums and it was suggested to check the confluence.cfg.xml file - that it's pointed to the right sql database. Saw no reason anything in the file would change, but it was still pointed to the correct place - the other server on port 1433 and to confluencedb, not jiradb.
The real problem I'm running into is we're out of support, and a lot of forum discussions don't apply to my version. Been told to limit the reindexing threads to 1, but not how to do so. I don't see a java config file and the config files I've read about don't exist on my system. Java system property set:
bucket.indexing.threads.fixed=1. Can't find where to change that.
Was told to change the confluence.cfg.xml file line from:
and did, but still reindexing hangs at 99%.
Cannot for the life of me figure out how to stop indexing attachments and I also read that an attachment could be at the root of the problem. Indexing choking on an attachment. If I need to alter a plugin, but there is no plugin administrator i can see on the admin page of my confluence. Have looked everywhere for an 'extractor' plugin or 'attachment' anything plugin jar in the filesystem to move or disable, but find nothing. I've tried to use the Gliffy plugin, but mine was apparently upgraded at some point - to a version that's not valid with the current license, so unusable. I don't see my company updating the license on this until mid 2014 at the earliest and we can't go that long without search.
Additionally, on the reindexing, what I do is stop apache tomcat on the wiki server, delete the index directory (it's promptly recreated when i reindex), then restart apache tomcat and reindex. I've also tried stopping apache tomcat (the only way to get the app to let go of the index directory), then rebooting. Still hangs at 99%. I've thought about (and did copy the mdf file) copying the database to the localhost on wiki server, but i don't know how, or if it's possible to alter the confluence.cfg.xml file to point to localhost. It seems to want an sql http connection to an external server running sql, which is what we're doing. What I'd really like to do is stop indexing attachments and see if I can index again, then go from there. Thanks in advance for any help!
My login was not "confluence administrator". Now I've been able to disable the indexing attachment extractors and indexing completed successfully. I now know that many extractor bugs have been cleared over the years and in my 2.8 setup, without updates/bug fixes, some issues are to be expected.
Unfortunately, had already checked that. From my original message above:
Timed out while waiting for reindexing threads to terminate. Continuing to wait..." in the atlassian log. Read up on the forums and it was suggested to check the confluence.cfg.xml file - that it's pointed to the right sql database. Saw no reason anything in the file would change, but it was still pointed to the correct place - the other server on port 1433 and to confluencedb, not jiradb."
But thank you for replying! I'm desperate! :)
Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.Learn more
Planning and grooming sessions all come with their own sets of rules. Team members meet to estimate stories or other work items, all according to an agreed-upon process. And with every session comes ...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG