Can't make a user field required

George Carvill
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2013

I have a new custom field named QA Resource. It is a Group Single User Select List field.

In my workflow at a particular transition I added a validation to make it a required field.

The validation is ignored.

Any ideas>

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
George Carvill
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2013

On reflection, I saw no reason why the field needed to be a "Group Single User Select List" field. I changed it to a simple user pick field. Now I can successfully make it required at the workflow transition step I wanted.

I'll leave it to others to figure out why I could not do this with a Group Single User Select List field.

0 votes
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 24, 2013

Hi George,

You may set this field as required as per this instructions. This procedure should work pretty well, let us know if you have any problem with this.

Cheers

George Carvill
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 29, 2013

@Tiago - Yes those are the instructions for making a field required. But that is not my problem. I want to make the field required at a certain workflow step, not all the time.

0 votes
Paul Alexander
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 24, 2013

Make sure this custom field is on the applicable screen and assigned to that issue type. Go to the Fields configuration and assure on the right hand side the specific issue types you want this field to use are selected. I'm pretty sure that's your problem.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events