Can bugs be added to tasks?

vanessa prout July 29, 2012

I have created a sub task under my client project called internal testing. I now want to start adding issues to it, but have found that there is no easy way of doing this. I have created a work around of linking the bugs to the sub task but this will take a long time especially if there are many bugs. I have also used the version to specify the specific piece of work the Bugs relate to, but this is noot the solution i require. Is there any way i can do this easily? As we plan to let our clients use the system for User Acceptance testing and i am sure they wont want to create eaxch isuue then link them to the sub task.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
SimonS
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 30, 2012

Hi vanessa,

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that having subtasks of subtasks is what you are after - adding "bug" subtasks to the "internal testing" task.

JIRA doesn't support sub-subtasks, but there is an open feature request for it:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-4446

Please vote for and comment on the issue so we can prioritize it.

In the meantime, you might want to turn "internal testing" into it's own parent issue type, where you can just then add bug subtasks.

There is also a commercial plugin you can use to get this functionality. It is linked on the feature request.

-Simon

vanessa prout July 31, 2012

Hi,

Thanks for your response. For the time being i have managed to use your work around. I have voted on the feature and hope to see it implemented in future versions

Vanessa

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events