Can I get PocketQuery to work with my MS Access DB

Does anyone have experience/success having PocketQuery interface with a MS Access Database?  If so may I have some instructions on what steps were needed to connect?  My Access DB is running on a windows desktop (actually VM).

2 answers

You can access every database with PocketQuery if there is a valid JDBC driver. For MS Access you can try http://ucanaccess.sourceforge.net/site.html but the MDB file must be accessible. Unfortunately we have no experience with that.

Hi @Christian Koch (Scandio) Thanks for your suggestion. I will try it and will provide an update.

Hi Edgar,

Essentially, PocketQuery loads the JDBC driver like this:

Class.forName("sun.jdbc.odbc.JdbcOdbcDriver")

First, you should make sure you can connect to your database with other Java tools like SquirrelSQL. If this works, it will also work with PocketQuery.

These Stackoverflow threads might be interesting:

Regards, Felix

THanks @Felix Grund (Scandio) I will review the links you suggested and try based on what I learn.

Was this ever resolved? I'm looking at trying the same thing.

@Edgar Green Could you resolve this?

Good morning @Felix Grund (Scandio) We never resolved this. We ended up using a csv file as the source data.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Uncategorized

Friday fun: how many celebrates Midsummer holiday or is this a Swedish tradition only?

Any other country that celebrates Midsummer holiday (this friday 22 June)?  

44 views 3 1
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you