Account Hacked

Hi there, this morning when I woke up, a friend contacted me and told me that someone had gotten access to his email, recovered his bitbucket account, removed us from our repositories, deleted the team (or revoked our access I'm not sure) and then forked it somewhere else. I have local backups of everything so that is not a problem, but this guy has our source code which is a tiny bit frustrating. Is there anything we can pursue in terms of removing his account or reverting all the stuff that he has done?

Thanks, Dan.

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.
  1. Talk to the Atl support. There's little the Atlassian community users here can do.
  2. Take a stick and beat your friend for being so careless. Hit on the soft tissue.

Note: point 2 is optional (just in case!). However, this attack is brutal. What would be really frustrating: that hacker to change from time to time the code, add bugs, comment valid lines, obfuscate other lines. What s/he did is too obvious ... aucune finesse ... ou sont les neiges d'antan ?!?

We actually don't have repository access anymore, because he transferred it to his own team.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Teamwork

What teamwork quotes inspire you?

Hey everyone! My name is Natalie and I'm an editor of the Atlassian Blog and I've got a question for you: What's your favorite quote about teamwork?  We've compiled a list here, along with...

109 views 15 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you