Accessibility for XHTML Source Editor

Joe Stumpf May 13, 2013
We have a blind person who needs access to the XHTML source editor. However, since the TAB key does not exit the editor and place focus on the Save key, they cannot use the editor. Are there any workarounds or other solutions?

3 answers

0 votes
Sean Curtis
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 23, 2014

Joe, when you say the XHTML source editor, are you referring to the main editor for pages/posts? If so you can hit CMD/CTRL + S to save the page. I'm not sure what version of Confluence this appeared in, but it's there in the latest one.

0 votes
Joe Stumpf June 16, 2013
I understand the normal use, but for the blind, they rely on the tab key to exit the editor.
0 votes
hsuhailah
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 29, 2013

Hey Joe,

TAB key is usually used to indent/outdent a text/paragraph/bulleted lists and numbered lists. In Confluence editor, this key does not apply for indenting unless it is used with bulleted lists and numbered lists. To apply this onto a plain text/paragraph, as a workaround you can make use of Indent User Macro. I've tested this out in Confluence 5.1.3 and it works just fine.

Hope that helps.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events