Why is it possible for a user to open a page using the full url but not the tiny url?

Paul Jones March 23, 2016

We have configured Confluence so that a named user group (endurocadd-users in the permission) can access a Confluence space but are not Confluence users. We have used tiny url links to link to pages however users from the named user group do not have permission to access the page, however they do have permission to access the page if either a/ they use the full url OR b/ they are a Confluence users. Why do the permissions for a named user group to access a space differ based on whether a tiny url or full url are used, and how can I fix this?

image2016-3-23 22:16:15.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 24, 2016

That sounds broken to me - Confluence shouldn't care how you land on a url - friendly name, page id or tiny url.

I think this is worth sending on to Atlassian Cloud support for a look, it feels like a misconfiguration or bug.  Raise it at https://support.atlassian.com

Paul Jones March 27, 2016

Thanks, Nic. I am raising this as an issue with Atlassian Cloud support.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events