How to find out how many Knowledge Base Articles you have?

Andrea Aznar February 16, 2018

I am trying to report to the managers how many knowledge base articles we have. One of our goals for 2018 is to increase our KB repository, so I just wanted to measure how many we have right now, so we can compare it. 

1 answer

0 votes
Guilherme V.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 21, 2018

Hi Andrea,

You can use a DB query in order to find how many pages you have in Confluence:

select count(*) from content where contenttype = 'PAGE' and content_status = 'current'

You can also use plugins: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.addonengine.analytics/server/overview

Andrea Aznar February 22, 2018

Hi Guilherme, 

Can you please walk me through the process? I tried it and it didn't work for me. 

thank you, 

Andrea Aznar

Guilherme V.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 22, 2018

what kind of issues you had with the query? Were you able to access the database? depending the database(mysql,oracle..), the query needs to be uppercased

So I went to the Confluence page, and then where do I perform the search? 

How do I access the database? 

Guilherme V.
Atlassian Team
February 22, 2018

What's your confluence's address? If you are using Confluence Cloud, then you'd not have access to the DB. If you are using the standalone version, then the Confluence admin would be able to access the database.

I am using Confluence Cloud. Is there a workaround it? 

Renata Bueno
Atlassian Team
February 22, 2018

Hello, Andrea!

Since the information you're requesting is confidential to your company, we've proceeded to open a support ticket on your behalf to assist you in this matter: JST-370093. In case you have any questions, please feel free to contact us as well!

Best Regards!

Renata Bueno | Atlassian Support

Like Rahul Kumar likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events