Can synchrony port be changed? How?

Onno van der Straaten April 4, 2019

This question has been asked before but I don't it was ever answered conclusively.

In Confluence 6.12.2 is it possible to change the synchrony port? How can this feat be accomplished.

1 answer

0 votes
Sloan N_ B_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 4, 2019

Hey Onno!

Yes it is possible. Please refer to Change the port Synchrony runs on
from the Atlassian Documentation.

Cheers
Nick

Sloan N_ B_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 4, 2019

Addition to the documentation page, you will need to change a System Property, learn on the following page about System Properties: Configuring System Properties

eferrell January 21, 2020

@Sloan N_ B_ I've tried following these instructions and they don't seem to work.

I'm running two instances of Confluence on the same server--different ports. They work fine with the exception of synchrony. No matter what I do, the "Collaborative editing" always shows the default port of 8091.

I've tried changing it via tomcat9w //ES//<SERVICENAME> and also via the Window Registry.

When I change it I still see 8091 in the UI and I notice no activity on the port via:
netstat -na | find "8092"

However I see results when I look at 8091.

@Onno van der Straaten did you ever get this working?

eferrell January 29, 2020

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events