Displaying Attributes of Linked Objects

Richard Winstock September 22, 2017

I want to be able to display attributes form a referenced object.

As an example:

1. I have a User Object, with attribute "Company" which points to a Company Object.
  2. I have a Company Object, with attribute "Address"

I want to show the User object in a JIRA issue, but show the Address of the company it "belongs" to.

Can this be done?

Regards

Richard

3 answers

1 vote
Sean M September 26, 2018

When doing searches, it is possible to use dot notation to search the attributes of referenced objects, for example

Company.Address="24 Sussex Dr."

It would be nice to be able to use this dot notation elsewhere, such as specifying which attributes to display in a custom field.

1 vote
Pontus Ridderström September 12, 2018

Hi Alexander

Is this still avaliable or has a new Workaround been established?

Best regards
Pontus

1 vote
Alexander Sundström
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 22, 2017

Hi Richard,

Yes it's possible to show the attributes of the selected object in the custom field, however it's not possible to show the attributes by referenced objects by the object selected.
You can read about how to show attributes at https://documentation.riada.se/display/ICV50/Insight+Custom+Field under the section Configure attributes to show on JIRA view screen

Let us know if this helped you with the configuration.

Best Regards
Alexander

Richard Winstock September 22, 2017

It helps in as much as the answer is "No, Insight can't display attributes of linked/referenced objects, only attributes of the initial object"

Like # people like this
Alexander Sundström
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 25, 2017

Hi Richard,

One workaround could be to use a second custom field of the type reference custom field, which you can read about at https://documentation.riada.se/display/ICV50/Insight+Referenced+Custom+Field 

That field can contain the Company object referenced by the User, and show the attributes for the company object that is of interest to you.

Best Regards
Alexander

Marek Mikeš July 15, 2018

Dear Alexander,

Any development in this particular case as for today (Insight v5.5)?

Greets Marek

Soley Gudmundsdottir April 23, 2019

Hi Alexander.

Is this any closer to being possible without workarounds? I'm using Insight 6.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events