Countdown to the Holidays

Jodi LeBlanc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 22, 2019

When I was a kid my parents got my brother and I a chocolate advent calendar, every morning we got to open a door and have a chocolate, until all the doors were open on December 24th. When we got a bit older my brother started eating all my chocolates and closing the door back up so when it was time to open it, I would be heartbroken that there was no chocolate inside. Once my parents caught on to what he was doing, that was the end of the chocolate calendars. I see they now have $15 Lindt chocolate calendars, which I am tempted to buy every time I see one. 

lindt.jpg

My go-to countdown calendar the past two years has been @Thomas Schlegel 's brilliant work. This year he is doing the  "Holiday Countdown Calendar 2019" - a way to learn all about Atlassian people over the month, sharing surprises, interesting stories and fun! If you haven't been following along, check it out - and last year's too - Thomas' "Community's Advent Calendar 2018" looking back to all the fun we had here in the Community.

I also have been following a Personality (MBTI) Calendar, where you open a virtual door each day and then you get a team-building tool, infographic or brain teaser that you can use in the workplace. A few years ago I wrote a "Countdown to Delicious" blog with a David's Tea calendar, definitely one of my favourite countdowns to date. 

24-days-of-tea1 (1).jpg

My friend Zoey is living the dream of countdowns this year! 

IMG_8941.jpgIMG_8942.jpg

A tea calendar, a cheese calendar, a lottery calendar, and a Hogwarts calendar - seriously, could it get any better than that?! Next year I am going all out and following her lead :)

So, do you do anything special as a Holiday Countdown? 

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events