Portfolio scenarios - changing sprint duration Edited

I currently have the default sprint duration in Portfolio set to two weeks.  I want to create a scenario where the sprint duration is three weeks instead of two (for all sprints, not just one).   Can I do that without changing the configuration for all scenarios in the plan?

To clarify, I see other questions where users want to have a custom sprint duration to accommodate holidays and what-not.   In other words, they run 2 weeks sprints, but a few times a year want to make it a 1 week or 3 week for the holidays.    I am not asking this question.

1 answer

0 vote

Hi @Vanessa Roberts,

If you change the sprint duration of a team it will then become part of the scenario as an uncommitted change, as long as this is not committed it won't impact other scenarios. You are not able to change the duration of an active started JIRA sprint.

Note: while from my personal experience I would generally advise to keep the number of uncommitted change to a minimum to ensure it doesn't grow out of control, it seems OK for your use case.

Cheers,

Thomas

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Josh Frank
Posted Dec 01, 2017 in Portfolio for Jira

Portfolio for Jira: Share your tips!

The Portfolio for Jira team wants to hear from you. Share your top tips for building a great Portfolio for Jira plan for a chance to win some Atlassian swag.  Do you structure your teams i...

569 views 6 8
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot