Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation issues /w Cloudflare and/or nginx reverse proxy

nealr December 13, 2019

I have a new Service Desk install, just did it this week. I found that many setup tasks completely misbehave when the domain is protected via Cloudflare's CDN. I've added a 10 user Core license in addition to the SD seats.

I did an ssh tunnel and accessed the system through just our on site nginx reverse proxy. This got Service Desk configured and I managed to get Draw.io done. Now I am trying to install Portfolio and it's just not working. The Installing dialog comes up, it appears to spend the right amount of time downloading, then it errors out.

Is this because Portfolio is only meant for Jira Software, and is not supported within Service Desk?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Thomas
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 15, 2019

Hi @nealr ,

For the specifics of Portfolio for Jira, a good summary would be:

- It is not compatible with Jira ServiceDesk projects - at least not without some tinkering we would not recommend nor support.

- It does require Jira Software to be installed on your instance to work properly.

- For Jira Core compatibility you can have Jira Software installed without licensing it.

Hopefully, that helps with your installs and setup!

Cheers,

Thomas

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events