Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

opsgenie alerts to show the ticket number from Jira

Mihir Ruparelia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 10, 2024

Hello, 

We are trying to set up OpsGenie with JSM and I wanted to ask how we ensure that any alerts coming from JSM going into OpsGenie has the ticket number so ITSD-XXXX in this case. 

Is there a way we can set this up within OpsGenie or JSM?

1 answer

0 votes
YY哥
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 10, 2024

Hi @Mihir Ruparelia 

I think it's native functionality to show JSM ticket in Opsgenie after integrating JSM & Opsgenie. For example, mark a JSM incident as Major Incident to trigger an Opsgenie alert auto creating /w link betwee them.

image.png

Thanks,

YY哥

Mihir Ruparelia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 10, 2024

@YY哥 thank you for your response

However what we are seeing is this: 

JIra-opsgenie.png

On the test incident it has Jira Service management

However on previous incidents its shown the ITSD number.

Any thoughts?

YY哥
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 10, 2024

Hi @Mihir Ruparelia 

What source is for this alert? or where did it come from? We could firstly get the use case and then know the behavior. Above, I just introduced a Major Incident escalation use case.

Mihir Ruparelia
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 10, 2024

It came from our Jira Service management board. How could I get any logging information that helps?

YY哥
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 10, 2024

How do you trigger the new alert creating then? Please see alert logs from here.

image.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events