Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only alert if dedupe count is greater than one.

Steve Wareham September 12, 2020

Is it possible to create a team policy for something like this? We have a use case where the first alert for an alias is usually not requiring any action, unless it happens again. So we really only needed an alert once the dedupe count gets to two.

Or something else with the same effect? Such as auto acknowledge alerts when the dedupe amount is one? Can team policy do that? So far I can only see how to delay the alert based on dedupe count but I actually want to suppress alerts based on the count.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 12, 2020

Hi @Steve Wareham ! 

This is possible with Notification Policies: https://docs.opsgenie.com/docs/team-policies#notification-policy

Notification Policies can be added under a team's Policies tab, and can be configured to do exactly this; delay notifications unless the deduplication count is greater than one (or another number). 

This type of policy would look something like this:

np community.jpg

Hope this helps! Let us know if you have any additional questions or issues.

Hi Nick, thanks for the reply! I'm just not understanding the UI here, it says "Delay notifications unless the de-duplication count is equal to  '2'. So does that mean if the de-duplication amount never reaches 2 then the alert is never sent? If so that would be perfect!

Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 12, 2020

That's correct! The alert would still be created, but notifications would not be sent to users until the count of the alert hits a deduplication of x2. 

OK, Thanks Nick!

Like Nick H likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events