Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to open a designated slack channel to a critical alert?

Adi Kuperman April 27, 2023

Whenever a P1 alert is triggered I want to create a new slack channel with the current on-call, open a Jira ticket with a link to the ticket and the status of the alert 

2 answers

0 votes
Adi Kuperman April 27, 2023

Thanks @John M!

One last issue I didn't manage to figure our is how to create an alert from slack with P1?

when I create the alert with the following command:

/genie alert [alert_name] for [on call team]

It creates the alert with P3.

Where should I define the priority? 

John M
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 28, 2023

It looks like there is no way to define the priority on alert creation, but you can update it after the alert it created:

2023-04-28_13-34-25.png The other option would be to a global policy for each priority that filters for Slack alerts with P1 in the message and assigns a priority of P1:

2023-04-28_13-27-36.png

Like Adi Kuperman likes this
0 votes
John M
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 27, 2023

Hi @Adi Kuperman ,

I would recommend using a Jira integration to automatically create Jira issues from P1 alerts:

2023-04-27_17-46-05.png2023-04-27_17-45-51.png

New slack channels can't be created automatically, though we do have a feature request for that. However, if you create an incident from the alert:

2023-04-27_17-35-26.png

you can then manually create a Slack channel from the associated incident:

2023-04-27_17-36-44.png

Adi Kuperman May 2, 2023

I'm trying to create a Jira ticket with Jira integration, but inside issue creation rule I don't see all mandatory fields that exist for this Issue type, that means it can't really create the ticket,

Is there a way to fix it? 

John M
Atlassian Team
May 2, 2023

@Adi Kuperman ,

If fields have been made required in Jira, they should show up on the Opsgenie side if they are correctly configured in Jira. In this example, I made a few fields required, including a custom field (test number field) which shows up in Opsgenie:

2023-05-02_12-24-58.png

If this is not happening, I would recommend reaching out to Jira support to have them review your Jira configuration. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events