Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to escalate when an alert has deduplicated more than X times.

Neil Benton December 8, 2022

We have a number of alerts which take a long time to resolve, and during the time the alerts are open we receive a duplicate alert every 4 hours for the same issue which are deduplicated in OpsGenie.  In a case recently we had an alert at warning level that had reached its x100 deduplications so when the alert changed to critical it wasn't picked up.

How do I create an escalation to a management team to alert them that an alert has been deduplicated 80 times, as this implies that we have had a problem open for many days.

I have tried an escalation policy but I am limited to raising an escalation if the alert isn't fixed within 1440 minutes of opening.  

1 answer

1 vote
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 8, 2022

Hi @Neil Benton ,

A notification policy might be a better solution for your use case. These can delay / suppress notifications unless a certain deduplication count is reached:

np1.jpg

We have a feature request for something similar - to modify the alert after a certain deduplication count is reached: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/OPSGENIE-471

Feel free to watch, follow and vote for that if of interest. In the meantime, a notification policy might be the best alternative.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events