Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I set an action like sending SMS if P3-P5 only then Call and SMS if P1-P2?

Marlon Silva April 14, 2022

I have a premium subscription and I just mapped the priority between JSM and OpsGenie. Currently, we receive calls and SMS regardless of Priority level. How can I set to send SMS only if P3-P5 alert then resume call and text with P1-P2 alert? do I need to set it thru policy? 

Thank you

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John M
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 14, 2022

Hi Marlon,

You can specify the type of notifications to be sent out using notification rules, which are set in the user's profile.

By setting filters, you can send notifications for only P1, JSM alerts. Here is an example:

2022-04-14_23-36-42.png

If you want to set the same rule for a group of users, you can also utilize central notification templates

Theresa Mae Aquino April 19, 2022

Hi @John M , i have 2 new notification alerts under my profile.

1. to send only SMS for all P3, P4, and P5 category with source  JIRA , and

2. to send both SMS and voice call for P1 and P2 with source JIRA,

BUT only the second rule works(i.e. for P1 and P2 i received an SMS and voice successfully).

I created a P3 Jira ticket and it did not send an SMS alert =(    Please help. Thank you.

Opsgenie-ProfileNotificationRules.jpgOpsgenie-ProfileNotificationRule_SMSonlyForP3P4P5.JPGOpsgenie-ProfileNotificationRule_SMSandVoiceP1P2only.jpg

Theresa Mae Aquino April 19, 2022

hello, we have adjusted some conditions and is working now. thank you.

Like John M likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events