Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I customize the message posted on StatusPage when closing the alert & incident from an email

Guilherme Nicolosi February 7, 2024

We have a StatusPage integration to Opsgenie that's triggered via an email integration.

Basically we have an email integration that receives the notification emails from a Third Party StatusPage. That triggers an alert to be created in Opsgenie which in turn creates a StatusPage incident on our own instance. 

I can tweak the initial message by modifying the alert message and description using a policy and that's all good.

My issue is with the closure. I want to automate the closure of my alert and my StatusPage incident based on the receival of the resolved email notification. However I cannot find a way to modify the alert description. It simply adds the email body to the SP incident.

2 answers

0 votes
Shashwat Khare
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 12, 2024

Hello @Guilherme Nicolosi

Yes, you're right that the standard message as "This Incident has been resolved" gets set out when the Incident is set to Resolved.

You can also customize this message by creating a new Incident template and customizing the message body for the Resolution template as below:
Screenshot 2024-02-12 at 5.20.21 PM.png

However, this template can only be applied manually when updating an Incident and we don't yet have an option for the templates to be used with the above integration automation from Opsgenie to Statuspage.

I hope this helps answer your query :)

Best,
Shashwat

0 votes
Mubeen Mohammed
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 9, 2024

Thank you for contacting the Atlassian Community. This is Mubeen.

It seems like you're looking for a way to customize and automate the closure of alerts and StatusPage incidents based on the receipt of a resolved email notification in Opsgenie triggered from Email Integration.

However, for the alerts that are created from other integrations(In your case EmailIntegration) when the alert is closed, you will have the option to define the exact action you want to define to the Statuspage Incident.

Screenshot 2024-02-09 at 7.50.54 PM.png

May I please confirm if you are noticing any issues with defining these alert conditions?

If helps further troubleshoot the specific issue you can raise a ticket referring to this community post at https://support.atlassian.com/contact/ > Technical issues Bugs > select Opsgenie product. So we can further review your account and help validate the exact account settings to achieve your requirements.

I hope the details provided are helpful.

Regards

Mubeen Mohammed

Cloud Support Engineer

Guilherme Nicolosi February 9, 2024

Hi Mubeen,

Yes, I'm using that option and I am able to properly configure it. The alert gets closed and subsequently the StatusPage incident gets closed and the component is set to operational. However I cannot tweak the message that will be sent.

I'm looking for a way to modify the message during the closure of the SP incident. I don't want to simply transmit the body of the email that triggered the alert to close. 

Guilherme Nicolosi February 9, 2024

I just noticed I'm mistaken. It's not adding the message from the email. It just adds a default message like this:

Incident resolved

This incident has been resolved.

Even though I would like to be able to customize it, it is acceptable as is.

Like Shashwat Khare likes this
Shashwat Khare
Atlassian Team
February 12, 2024

Yes, you're right that the standard message as "This Incident has been resolved" gets set out when the Incident is set to Resolved.

You can also customize this message by creating a new Incident template and customizing the message body for the Resolution template as below:
Screenshot 2024-02-12 at 5.20.21 PM.png

However, this template can only be applied manually when updating an Incident and we don't yet have an option for the templates to be used with the above integration automation from Opsgenie to Statuspage.

I hope this helps answer your query :)

Best,
Shashwat

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events