cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heartbeat e-mail rejected

Jonathan Hewlett
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 25, 2022

HI all, 

We send a regular e-mail heartbeat to OpsGenie from one of our mailservers, have been for years, no issues.

Last night we got the following in our logs:

Nov 25 10:00:02 mail.uk.xxx.net postfix/smtp[10940]: 4A04FF41C7: host mail3.opsgenie.net[52.26.150.53] refused to talk to me: 421 Too many connections, try again later

Am I right in assuming that the OpsGenie server was overloaded?  I can't see any reason we would have been spamming the address.

Thanks!

1 answer

1 vote
Arumugam M
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 28, 2022

Hi @Jonathan Hewlett

This is Arumugam from Atlassian Support and I'm here to help!

Understand that you received an error on your mail server related to an email sent to Opsgenie's heartbeats address. 

While looking at the error message it seems that you are sending multiple emails or trying to make too many connections in a short time. 

Please be aware that Opsgenie applies rate limiting to the API and integration requests. It could be possible that you are exceeding the limit for your email integration. 

You should be able to find your current limit by going to Analytics -> API Usage Reports -> API Rate Limits

You may learn more about rate limit in the link here

I hope this helps!

Thanks, 

Arumugam

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events