Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing Jira Ticket Doesn't Close OpsGenie Alert

Deleted user January 30, 2023

Hello,

I have setup Jira and OpsGenie Integration. Everything in the integration is working fine apart from the rule that if I change the status to Done of a Jira Ticket, it should close the corresponding OpsGenie ticket.

I have tried to look at the integration logs and I can see that the ticket status is being correctly parsed however somehow the alert is not being closed.

image.png

Rules that I have setup:

Screenshot 2023-01-30 at 10.10.32 PM.pngJira and OpsGenie Webhook settings:

Screen Shot 2023-01-27 at 12.47.29 PM.png Can someone please advise regarding the issue?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nick H
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 30, 2023

Hi @[deleted] ,

If I had to guess, your integration's Create Alert action might be matching when the status is being transitioned to Done:

jc1.jpg

That's more of an assumption since I cannot see what your log actually shows. To avoid this, you might want to add another condition(s) to the Create Alert action's filter. 

By default, the Jira integration creates alerts when the Event Type = issue_created - so maybe consider adding this (or another) condition:

jc2.jpg

All of these actions are processed in an order of operations from top >> down - so if your integration is matching on the top action when the status is moved to Done, then Opsgenie realistically never has the chance to review the Close Alert action. Once a matching filter is met, Opsgenie will use that action.

Deleted user January 30, 2023

Got it. I have fixed the above issue. Thanks for the help.

Like Nick H likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events