Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you pass customfields from JSM to Opsgenie to be used in alert rule automation

Ste404
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2022

Hi there,

I have this in the 'Tags' section for the incoming create rule from JSM

cmp_{{customfield_10204}}:{{customfield_10203}}

The tags populate but with cmp_null:null

Is there a way to drag over customfield values from JSM that are on the issue form when it is created?

Thanks

1 answer

0 votes
Ste404
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2022

For anyone looking at this, here is the answer;

cmp_{{customFields.customfield_10204.value.value}}:{{customFields.customfield_10203.value.value}}

BUT I wanted to do the same for Responder and of course it won't accept a customfield string like the Tags field did!

Tom Russell
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 6, 2022

@Ste404 we set responder from a custom field, but the only way we've found that works is a whole long set of global alert policies, one for each variation of the custom field. We manage it with external scripts hitting the API, so the maint is not a problem, but it's ugly.

Like Ste404 likes this
Ste404
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 6, 2022

Thanks for that, yeh I was surprised I couldn't use any sort of reference to a customfield directly in the responder field.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events