Auto-Assigne Alerts based on shedule

Tomek March 1, 2022

Hello,

I've connected OpsGenie with Zabbix and now I'm trying to autoassigne alerts created by zabbix on OpsGenie to on-call person based on schedule.

Is that possible? 

[UPDATE]

I've uploaded screenshot so you can see what I mean :) 

So in general once new problem is created on Zabbix it will create Alert in OpsGenie and call right person but owner is "no owner", no one is assigned.OpsGenie.png

Can it also automatically change owner/assigne the on-call person? So it will be like below? OpsGenie_assigned.png

[SOLVED]

Hello, I found the solution, there is "closedBy" field in alert response data which is enought to use when closing alert via OpsGenie. Using it, I have neccessary information on Zabbix event :) Thank you guys for help! :)

2 answers

0 votes
John M
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 1, 2022

Hi Tomasz,

When sending the alerts from Zabbix, you will need to specify an Opsgenie team in the Responders field. Without first routing to a responding team, there can be no on-call user. Users are only on-call within individual teams. Once the alert is routed to the correct team, you can use the routing rules within that team to send the alerts to the on-call users.

0 votes
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 1, 2022

Hi @Tomasz Mazur and welcome to the community!

From your question I'm guessing you mean something like an rotation of users who need to be notified.

That should be possible and you can find more detailed information here:

https://support.atlassian.com/opsgenie/docs/manage-on-call-schedules-and-rotations/

Tomek March 1, 2022

Hello Dirk,

It's not exactly what I'm looking ;) 

I've put an update with screenshots for better understanding what I'm looking for.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events