Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nonprofit. No Fun. Still Social Impact. Introducing the other mod!

Hello Nonprofit & Social Impact group members,

I’m Matthias, the other moderator besides @Fun Man Andy and @Emma Schnee for this group. I’m grateful that Atlassian is supporting non profit organizations in various ways and excited to exchange our thoughts.

Nonprofit work is close to my heart because I believe it brings tremendous value to countless lives. In my own community, I see it in action through the efforts of volunteers in local associations like our soccer club, YMCA, music club, and many more. These organizations build community spirit, nurture fitter and more morally grounded kids, and create lasting positive change.

On a global scale, my sister’s work in the Middle East is an inspiring example for me. In a challenging region in the Middle East, she runs youth groups, bringing hope and education to hopeless children who are often not able to go to school. It sparks such a joy in me to hear how both the kids and their parents notice positive changes like a glimpse of happiness but also increased respect and empathy.

Stories like this one motivate me to give something back to the society.

In both local and global nonprofits, I see the growing need for effective asynchronous collaboration. With so many volunteers juggling day jobs, Atlassian products help teams communicate and collaborate better in an asynchronous way.

That’s one of the reasons why I’ve introduced Confluence a couple of years ago into the YMCA Walddorfhäslach which I’m the chairman for. It helps us to better document our projects, brainstorm ideas or provide some documents which were required during the Covid lockdowns to still offer youth groups.

I liked how Andy pointed out how he cares about non profit work and how he likes to share his knowledge - this is also dear to my heart. At K15t where I work, this is also part of our vision to help people share their knowledge so that they contribute positively.

So here I am to combine my experience from non profit organizations with all the Atlassian learnings I gathered over the time. I’m happy to share my knowledge, learn from your experiences, discuss ideas or just hear your stories.

What motivates you to work for a non profit organization? Which stories do you have in mind?

Feel free to also connect with me on LinkedIn.

2 comments

Comment

Taylor Light
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 9, 2024

So happy to have you here, @Matthias Gaiser _K15t_ !

Like Fun Man Andy likes this
Fun Man Andy
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 25, 2024

Great introduction @Matthias Gaiser _K15t_ ! Such a pleasure and an honour to lead this group with you!!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events