Create
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Nonprofit. Limitless Fun. Full (Social) Impact. An introduction to the group's newest mod!

Hello world!! ๐ŸŒŸ ๐Ÿ‘‹

Greetings Nonprofit & Social Impact group members.

I am super pumped & proud to introduce myself as one of two Community Leaders (the other is the peerless @Matthias Gaiser _K15t_ ) taking over the helm of this group, and together, under the guidance of @Emma Schnee (of the Atlassian Foundation team), we are bringing a new energy to it!

gif_LFG_ultimatewarrior.gif

--------------------------------

Why this group!?? ๐Ÿค” ๐Ÿ’ช

Before I introduce myself with the "Who...?", I wanted to start with the "Why...?" (Simon Sinek... LOLz).

There are two core reasons as to why I have put my hat in the ring to become this group's moderator and Community Leader:

1) With a rich career in Digital transformation spanning almost 20yr, I have a lot of knowledge to share. Specifically, over the years, through my consulting work, I've helped a lot of Nonprofits get to grips with the inner workings of Atlassian's Nonprofit offerings - in particular the discounts and free products packages available to them. 

One such success story is visionspring.org who utilitizes Jira for their day2day management tasks, but in particular JSMAssets, and a Marketplace App called Custom Carts, to manage all their Field Ops R&D Machinery, that is vital to the work they do across the world.

2) I love to help charities as much as possible. I am a bit nervous at giving people money without knowing how it is being used exactly, and so more often than not I will be diving in and getting my hands dirty!! One of my favourite initiatives is the yearly nldoet.nl - whereby individuals, groups and companies, can sign up for any local charity looking for assistance, and then for 2 - 3 days, there is a big push on charity work.

And just last year my Community Chapter, ACE Rotterdam, helped raise EUR 10k for the local hospital through our Charity Event: Enterprisedam

its-for-charity-charity.gif

--------------------------------

Who is the Fun Man !? ๐Ÿคก ๐Ÿš€

TL:DR - just search "Fun Man Andy" in this Online Community or on Google... the best, more professional article about me is this one -> Community Showcase: Fun Man Andy (but it is old. Some stuff has changed over the years, but not much tbh).

But the most important aspect you need to know about me is my love of knowledge management and that sharing of that knowledge. One of my favourite mottos I live my life by is:

"Knowledge is power! Sharing knowledge is powerful!!"

knowledge-tai-lopez.gif

---------------------------------

My goals with this group ๐ŸŽฏ ๐Ÿ†

...and share my knowledge I shall! Together with Matthias & Emma, I shall be looking to ensure that all Nonprofit organisations, and anyone involved in social impact initiatives, that using the Atlassian stack, or are in need of powerful tooling to assist with their everyday visions & strategies, know exactly where to come to when they need help, have questions, or just want to share their own success stories.

It's going to be utterly #amazaballz.

I can't wait to get going!! 

funny-car-kifluggs.gif

---------------------------------

If we're not following each other or connected on the socials, don't be shy!!

linkedin.com/funmanandy 

x.com/TheFunManAndy 

instagram.com/funmanandy 

5 comments

Comment

Taylor Light
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 29, 2024

So happy you're here, @Fun Man Andy ! At some point, I'd love to hear more about Visionspring and how they use Atlassian products :) 

Like โ€ข Fun Man Andy likes this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 30, 2024

Thanks @Fun Man Andy !! Excited for the possibilities here. 

carolyn french
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 30, 2024

Go @Fun Man Andy ! Worthy goals for the group - let me know if I can help out in any way too!

Emma Schnee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 30, 2024

Woohoo! Excited for this and all the interesting chats to come. 

Fun Man Andy
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 25, 2024

Thank you all !!! I really hope Matthias and I can make everybody proud! โค๏ธ๐Ÿ™

Like โ€ข carolyn french likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events