How to manage multiple WBS Gantt-charts through one WBS Gantt-chart in next-gen projects?

Jivesh Adlakha February 25, 2021

1. Is it possible yet?

2. I want to track progress of multiple projects to deliver one bigger project

2 answers

1 vote
Gabriel Quadros
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2021

Hello, @Jivesh Adlakha 

Thank you for bringing this behavior to our attention and creating this Community Question. And thank you @Bill Sheboy for providing the appropriate help.

As informed by Bill, WBS Gantt-Chart has the option to create a Gantt-Chart using multiple Jira Projects (Both Classic and Next-Gen ones). Please visit our Documentation Article to know more about this feature.

We are looking forward to hearing more from you. If you need assistance with our plugins or have any other questions, please contact us anytime at Ricksoft-Support.atlassian.net. I will be happy to help.

We wish you a great day!

Kind Regards,
Gabriel Quadros | Support Engineer
Ricksoft Support Team

Hi,

While following the documentation, this warning is displayed in my account "Sharing and managing a single issue with multiple Gantts is deprecated.
Unintended behaviors may occur depending on the setting contents of each Gantt."

and I am not able to create the Gantt Chart. 

Gabriel Quadros
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2021

Hello, @Jivesh Adlakha 

Thank you for the feedback on this issue.

Can you please contact us by creating a ticket at Ricksoft-Support.atlassian.net so we can better help you with this issue? I will be happy to help.

We wish you a great day!

Kind Regards,
Ricksoft Support Team

Jivesh Adlakha February 27, 2021

Hello @Gabriel Quadros

My account is not allowing me to create a ticket as well. It is an official account so I may need to get it raised with the help of the Admin Department which is not very convenient. 

Can you tell me other alternatives to reach out to the support?

This issue has been a bottleneck for me in tracking projects.

Gabriel Quadros
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 1, 2021

Hello, @Jivesh Adlakha 

Thank you for bringing this behavior to our attention.

You can use 4 types of accounts to Sign in to our Support Page: Atlassian, Google, Microsoft, and Apple accounts.

Screenshot_1.pngScreenshot_2.png

Can you please try to access using any other account type to see if you will still not be able to access our Support Page?

We are looking forward to hearing more from you. If you need assistance with our plugins or have any other questions, please contact us anytime at Ricksoft-Support.atlassian.net. I will be happy to help.

We wish you a great day!

Kind Regards,
Ricksoft Support Team

0 votes
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 25, 2021

Hi @Jivesh Adlakha  -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

What add-on product are you using for Gantt charts?  Knowing that will help the community give you ideas.

Best regards,

Bill

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the suggestion. I have updated the query. I am talking about WBS Gantt Charts.

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 25, 2021

Hi, and thanks for clarifying the tool.  I haven't used that tool before, but I did find something that seems like what you are asking about for multiple projects in WBS Gantt's documentation:

https://ricksoft-support.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/WGFJKB/pages/445677708/How+to+manage+resources+across+multiple+projects

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events