Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transition history

FUJIMOTO September 16, 2021

Does anybody know how to extract the whole so that I can analyze it? Transitions history.JPGtransitions history to a spreadsheet file?

5 answers

4 accepted

Suggest an answer

2 votes
Answer accepted
Bloompeak Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 16, 2021

Hi @FUJIMOTO ,

The data you need is available in Jira Rest API. It provides the exact status transition date and time for each issue. It returns json, then you need to calculate it by coding which parses issue history rest api json for each issue.

Or you can search for marketplace apps which does the same for you. One of them is  Status Time app developed by our team. It provides reports on how much time passed in each status, status entry dates and status count.

Once you enter your working calendar into the app, it takes your working schedule into account too. That is, "In Progress" time of an issue opened on Friday at 5 PM and closed on Monday at 9 AM, will be a few hours rather than 3 days. It has various other reports like assignee time, status entry dates, average/sum reports by any field(eg. average in progress time by project, average cycle time by issue creation month). And all these are available as gadgets on the dashboard too. Here is the online demo link, you can see it in action and try without installing the app.

If you are looking for a free solution, you can try the limited version Status Time Free. Hope it helps.

stf-issue-screen-view-2.png

FUJIMOTO September 17, 2021

Excellent! Looks to be what I´m looking for. I´ll try it. Thank you very much!!

How can I get the <api_token> in order to use the  Jira Rest API?

Bloompeak Support
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 17, 2021

Assuming you are using cloud, you can create api token from your profile page.

https://id.atlassian.com/manage-profile/security/api-tokens

Like Vronik likes this

Got it. Thank you!

Like # people like this
0 votes
Answer accepted
Rahul_RVS_Support
Marketplace Partner
September 17, 2021

Hi @FUJIMOTO 

As an alternative you can also look at our plugin to get this data. 

Agile Tools : Epic Tree & Time in Status 

The Time in Status module of the app provide the status transition count report along with other important features, as below to track time and manage issue hierarchies

1) Time in Status :- More than 7 types of Time in Status reports to track your issues.

2) Worklogs & Time tracking Report :- Track time spent by resources with multiple filters / category / grouping features

3) Timesheet :- View/Enter your time spent for multiple days

4) Links Hierarchy :- View/Manage roll up for hierarchy (up to 10 levels), based on your Issue Links parent child relationship.

5) Epic Hierarchy :- View/Manage roll up for standard Jira hierarchy. Epic -> User Story -> Subtask

Time in Status.png

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 16, 2021

Hi @FUJIMOTO ,

in addition what @Fabian Lim said - what kind of analysis would you like to perform? Maybe we can give you better tips, if you share us more about your use case. Thank you.

FUJIMOTO September 16, 2021

considering the workflow, it should follow straigh forward till the end. For instance, when I have a transition from UAT back to Development phase, probably it means that I have a defect. Counting the number of times I have the flow going back in the workflow, I could analyze the situation and maybe define an action plan to improve the process. Further, I can evaluate the time spent in each event.

JIRA Transitions History Analysis.JPG

I would like to see this kind of information

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 16, 2021

Hi @FUJIMOTO

Out of the box you can't. I would consider searching on the marketplace for apps that analyze transitions. E.g. when they were moved and how long they stayed in a specific status, who transitioned it.

Cheers

1 vote
Yuliia_Borivets__SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
September 17, 2021

Hi @FUJIMOTO 

If you need to get transition history you can also check out Issue History add-on. 

You'll get a history journal for every activity and find out:

• What changes were made to the issues
  • The date when modifications occurred
  • Which user has made the changes

For further analyzing you can export it to a spreadsheet or excel file. 

issue history export.jpg

If you need to know how many times an issue was transitioned from one status to another, the Transition Count report of Time in Status for Jira Cloud app will be handy. 

These apps are developed by my team, so let me know if you have any questions.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events