Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Jia Admin -- Too many Questions, such as...

Athas Mark September 2, 2021

Feel free to refer to the number in your response...

1. Epic quarters/years do not match our Fiscal Year.  How can that be changed?

2. Can a team-managed project be converted to a company-managed project, and back?

3. Looks like projects can select/create their own Sprint (Scrum Board) time periods.  Can this be standardized for all projects?

4. Other than the number of reports (team=4, company=19) are there other limitations on team-managed projects?

5. Can a report in the company-managed list be added to a team-managed project

1 answer

Suggest an answer

2 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 2, 2021

Hi @Athas Mark,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

1. What do yo mean with Epic quarters/years? It sounds like you have custom fields that represent this, out-of-the box epic does not have these fields.
2. Yes, you move your issues between the projects. What you cannot do is moving project settings and fields etc.

3. No, it can not be configured in Jira. This should be defined in the process that your teams are following.

4. See a team-managed project as its own island, anything that you define in it, like select list options, fields, automation etc cannot be transferred over to a company-managed  project.

5. No.

Athas Mark September 3, 2021

#1. When using the Road Map, with the Quarter view, the quarter timeline is calendar quarters.  My company fiscal quarters are different, for example Q1 is NOV-JAN.  Just wondering if I can configure the quarter blocks to match our fiscal year.  Thanks for your help !

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 3, 2021

No, you cannot change the quarters, and I did a search in JAC and could not find a request to be able to configure that. If you have a good business case I would submit that request in JAC.

Like # people like this
Vronik September 18, 2021

If it would be a good idea to issue the suggestion

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events