Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making my roadmap accessible

Areski January 23, 2023

Hi everyone,

I am the only one in my class using Jira and I want to share my roadmap with my teacher, who does not have a Jira account.

Can you please guide me on how to do this?

Many thanks for your help :-)

3 answers

3 accepted

Suggest an answer

2 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 23, 2023

@Areski -

Users will need account in your Jira env to be able to access your roadmap.  Otherwise, you will need to generate a screenshot as an image to share with non-account holders.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Areski January 24, 2023

Hi, I did a jpg export @Dana V. Baldwin recommended but I find the result average :(

Areski January 24, 2023

Forget what I said, it fits now. The trick is to zoom out in the browser settings and that way I have an overview. 

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2023

@Areski -

Excellent.  If my suggestion helped you, please remeber to click on Accept answer.

Best, Joseph

1 vote
Answer accepted
Paul Wiggers
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 24, 2023

Hello @Areski 

It looks like you were already able to move on. Just as an addition for future reference; It is also possible to embed a Jira Roadmap into a Confluence page. You could then make that page accessible for the public.

That way, users don't need a license, or access to you software instance, to be able to see the roadmap.

Just make sure that you only give the rights that you would like the users to have. 

Good luck!

Areski January 25, 2023

Thx :-) Any tutorial on "confluence" for the beginner?

Rebecca Waller April 16, 2024

@Paul Wiggers would than mean that you allow public links in confluence and for that page any embedded information would show to unlicensed users?
We have tried to allow anonymous access and a user can access the page it self without a license so that we can share eg a roadmap with the rest of the organisation, but, when displaying eg a roadmap using a macro showing Jira information the user is restricted unless they, as far as it seem, have a Jira license

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dana V. Baldwin January 24, 2023

There's an export button in the upper right.

Areski January 24, 2023

Yes, thank you, but the roadmap is cropped. I would like to see the whole map.inci_beauty_2023-01-24_03.58pm-2.pnginci_beauty_2023-01-24_03.58pm.png

Areski January 24, 2023

Forget what I said, it fits now. The trick is to zoom out in the browser settings and that way I have an overview.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events