Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Jira

Robert Van Elst January 27, 2022

Hello there

We use the cloud-version of Jira in our company (as well as Confluence).

I have used Confluence before but I am new to Jira, coming from Azure DevOps and (and Microsoft Team Foundation before that). I have found it quite easy so far to find my way around, I just need to make sure I use everything correctly within our organisation for correct visibility and reporting.
I really like the links you create in the text of an issue directly into a section within a Confluence page, so no need to copy paste bits of explanatory text or create summaries of the same thing in two places.

I was a bit surprised that you can create issues (coming up as Tasks) directly within the Epic dialogue, without having to define Features and Stories in between. It's quite handy though, it looks like the issue-types are all quite similar anyway while sub-tasks allow sufficient subsequent breakdowns anyway.

Even though I liked having everything integrated in Azure DevOps (like source-control, builds and releases, for which we use separate products like BitBucket, Team City, ProGet and Octopus) it is refreshing to use something else than Microsoft - there are some handy features in Jira. 

I will no doubt have some questions so it should good to be on here.

1 comment

Comment

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2022

Great summary @Robert Van Elst

The community is a great place to post questions and learnings to share. You’ll find that most of us have a passion for the product and would like to help you solve any issues or problems you have along your journey. 

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events