Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I remove the projects

Dave lemmon December 12, 2023

How can i remove projects from the list that are now finished with. I need to place them somewhere for evidence of work and photos etc, but I have so many now it hard to see the new ones?

Is there a sandbox or a archive somewhere please

3 comments

Comment

Dave lemmon December 12, 2023

Can you run Hybrid projects with Jira, if so what templates (we are thinking we might need to add a Gant chart

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 12, 2023

You may want to start a separate post for this different topic.

You may also want to consider looking through and posting in the Jira Questions, Jira Software Questions, Jira Work Management Questions, and/or Jira Service Management Questions forums (depending on which Jira project you are using).

Each of those forums can be found by clicking on the Products pull down above and looking at All Products, then selecting the appropriate product.

Like # people like this
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 12, 2023

Hello @Dave lemmon 

Are you working with Jira Cloud or Jira self-hosted (Jira Server or Jira Data Center)?

Jira Cloud offers a project archiving feature with the Premium and Enterprise subscription plans.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/archive-a-project/

Jira Data Center also offers a project archiving feature.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/archiving-a-project-938847621.html

If you don't use a version/plan of Jira that offers the project archiving feature, you can change the Permissions of those projects to make them visible only to your Jira Administrators or to specific individuals. That would reduce the number of projects and issues visible to your normal end users.

If you are in Jira Cloud, but not using a Premium or Enterprise plan, you could consider setting up a second Organization/Site and doing a Cloud-to-Cloud migration to migrate the project you want to "archive" from your primary Organization/Site to your secondary Organization/Site.

Like # people like this
Taranjeet Singh
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 13, 2023

Hi @Dave lemmon , I agree 100 percent with the wonderful and accurate response to your query given by @Trudy Claspill !

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events