Cant enable the Kanban backlog - I have no more(...) to follow the instructions

Debbie Taylor March 25, 2020

I am using cloud Jira and trying to set-up my first board. I am an administrator for the project and site admin.

I've looked at the default board when the project was created. I'm looking at the page below and it says to select more(...) but I cannot see that on any screen

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/configure-columns/#Configuringcolumns-enablingkanbanbacklog

I 've also tried to Create a new board but the Board Name field will not let me type in anything and it is mandatory, so the 'Create Board' button is greyed out - so stuck  that way too.

Hoping someone can help

1 comment

Comment

Debbie Taylor March 25, 2020

Ok so things have moved on a bit - I have now created another project which is a 'software' project rather than a 'business' project - does anyone know if you cannot do Kanban in a business project and only a software project?

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 26, 2020

Hi Debbie - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Business Projects and Next-gen Projects are very limited in what you can modify/change. I pretty much 99% use Software or Service Desk projects. Is there a reason you would rather use the Business project template?

Debbie Taylor March 27, 2020

I was just trying out the Business Project template to understand it, thinking it might be best where we are just doing config type projects without maintaining any core software code. 

I've jumped to using a software project now and progressing with that to see how the experience is different.

Thank you

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events