Welcome to the "New to JSM" group! - Introduce yourselves here! (please)

Viewing page 3 of 9

212 comments

Comment

Kai Becker
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 4, 2022

Hi there,

my name is Kai and I've been working with Jira for about 10 years now. I stated as a consultant about 5 years ago and primarily focused on JSM in the last 2-3 years.

I'm here to help with questions regarding JSM, Insight and Automation for Jira and I love the endless possibilities of this combination.

Like # people like this
Yonghui Jia March 10, 2022

I am really new to this, do not even know how to start.  is there any instructions or online how to I can refer to?  For example, basic functions of the page and how to track history and work efficiently? 

Like # people like this
Mary Mascari March 10, 2022

I'm about a month ahead of you. :) I found it was best to keep things as simple as possible at first. Focus on what you want your workflow to be and then look at how to make JSM do it. 

Like Craig Nodwell likes this
Mike Rathwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 10, 2022

That is good advice, @Mary Mascari 

Over time I managed to develop a workflow that was suitable for a huge range of JSM projects ranging from the usual IT support but to workplace, HR, Payroll, Legal, and AP, to name a few. 

Don't overthink it. 

Like # people like this
Sri Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 21, 2022

Hi, 

I am Sri Kumar and I work for Atlassian as a Migration support engineer. 

• How long have you been using Jira Service Management? -> almost 3 year ( helping Atlassian customers to migrate their JSM setup from Server to Cloud or Cloud to Cloud)
  • Have a special or unique use case for JSM?  -> My team have implemented JSM to get  innovative ideas from Teammates around process improvement and documentation improvement 
  • Any fun facts you want to share? -> JSM Migrations are the most complex migrations I have handled 🙂

Cheers,
    Sri 
Like # people like this
Kenneth Meece March 22, 2022

Hello.  I used Jira for about 6 months several years ago.  Now I'm back and trying to learn the differences.

Karthick S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 9, 2022

Welcome, Kenneth!

Jennelle Stearns
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 22, 2022

Hi.  I am new to this group and new to JSM!  Wanted to join this group to learn more

Sam Tsubota
Atlassian Team
March 22, 2022

Hi Everyone! I'm new to the JSM group. I've been using JSM for about a year so I'm pretty new. I set up JSM for partners to submit requests for Atlassian solution architect support. 

Jason Dai
Atlassian Team
March 22, 2022

Hi everyone, I have been using Jira for over 10 years and more importantly I started working on JSM from last year!

Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
March 22, 2022

Hello Everyone,

This is Srinath and I am from Atlassian support team. I joined Atlassian on Dec 2021. I predominantly work on confluence and I have some experience on working on JSM from my past experience.  I am really exited to learn more about JSM and would like to contribute the JSM community in whatever way i can. So I am here. Super exited to meet you all. Cheers..!

Karthick S
Atlassian Team
March 23, 2022

Hello everyone,
I'm new here and happy to be here. I primarily work for Bitbucket Cloud. I'm just getting started with Jira Service Management and exploring it!
Thank you

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
April 6, 2022

Howdy y'all!

You may have seen me around the general Community answering questions about various products. My current role at Atlassian is supporting Atlassian Support :) but it's helpful to see how other folks are using JSM, and I'm looking forward to answering more questions where I can!

Like # people like this
Darryl Lee
Atlassian Team
April 9, 2022

Hello @Daniel Eads 

Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
April 7, 2022

Hello Srinath here..!!!

I have been using JSM for a year now. So, I have lot to learn. I am happy to join this group. 

Looking forward to meet you all and learn a lot. 

Lets Rock..!

Cheers

Srinath T

Like # people like this
Darryl Lee
Atlassian Team
April 9, 2022

Hello @Srinatha T !

Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
April 9, 2022

Hello @Darryl Lee

How are you doing? 

Like # people like this
Darryl Lee
Atlassian Team
May 30, 2022

All good here and so glad to be part of this community!

Ed Gaile _Atlanta_ GA_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 8, 2022

We have been using JSM over 5 years now to manage application access and new Jira/Confluence project/space creation.  We are now starting to use it for Work Intake management with and eye towards also using it to manage our change management process.

Users are excited to use it!!

Like # people like this
Carmela Marco April 13, 2022

New to JSM. We have just implemented and went live with our first project on April 1st. Look forward to learn more and collaborating with other organizations and individuals with inventive ways to use the tools. Bounce ideas, support and friendly conversations. 

Happy to be part of this group!

Like # people like this
Darryl Lee
Atlassian Team
April 13, 2022

Hello @Carmela Marco , welcome to the Group!

Kevin Tuei
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 16, 2022

Hello,

My name is Kevin Tuei.

I have used JSM for almost three months now to track user feature requests for some of the systems provisioned. I may not have a very unique use case for now but I am learning more about it and with more experience I will definitely find ways to go above and beyond to support team agility.

Łukasz Modzelewski _TTPSC_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 24, 2022

Hi All!

I'm into Jira since 2016, with JSM I started around 2017, when our department moved to Cloud.

We moved our app support to Cloud and it was great decision it drastically changed our support JSM + Confluence = less manual support, customers can find solutions on their own :) 

I'm certified JSD (Service Desk) admin, maybe later this year I will take the new JSM (Service Management) exam ^^

Upcoming JSM challenge: organise our department onboarding and internal processes in the JSM and Confluence

Cheers,
Łukasz

Filipi Lima
Atlassian Team
April 27, 2022

Hi, folks!

I've working for Atlassian as On-Prem Jira Premier Support Engineer for about 15 months now, and loving it!

I'm quite passionate about automation so you'll see me all over the place on automation questions :)

Cheers!

Like # people like this
Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
May 26, 2022

Welcome to the Group @Filipi Lima 

Fabio Genovese
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 3, 2022

Hello @Mikael Sandberg 

Nice to meet you and all group members.

I'm Fabio Genovese - Artigiano Del Software.

Using Atlassian products since 2009 and never stop use it and adapt on various situations. 

Potrebbe essere un'immagine raffigurante una o più persone, barba, occhiali e spazio al chiuso

Like # people like this
GermánL May 19, 2022

Hello, nice to meet you guys. 

I'm started using this while looking for a ticket system for external users, I still don't know much about this but I hope to learn and make full use of it. 

Like # people like this
Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
May 26, 2022

Welcome to the community.

Darryl Lee
Atlassian Team
May 30, 2022

Welcome to the Community @GermánL 

Should you have any features that would like to dive deeper into, highly recommend checking out the Jira Service Management Doc.

Nick H
Atlassian Team
May 20, 2022

Hi Everyone! 

As a Support Engineer with Opsgenie, JSM is one of our more popular integrations to help notify the correct users about new JSM issues, have Opsgenie alerts automate the creation of JSM issues, or both!

Automation rules are one of my favorite features. A pretty common ask is "How can we get the JSM issue linked to the Opsgenie alert?" Our new integration framework offers this, but a lot of customers continue to use the older framework for various reasons.

By default, the JSM issue link does not post in the Opsgenie alert through the older framework. But an automation rule can be configured to add a comment on the issue, which can then add a note in the Opsgenie alert, and include a link to the issue! The rule and example can be viewed below:

https://sitename.atlassian.net/browse/{{key}}

auto4.jpgauto5.jpgauto6.jpg

Automation rules are so powerful, so wanted to share one that we typically suggest to customers. Hope it helps!!

Nicole Christensen May 26, 2022

Howdy all,

I am Nicole,

• How long have you been using Jira Service Management?
    • 3 months
  • Have a special or unique use case for JSM? (If you do, you should submit your use case here for a chance to win.)
    • The organization I work for is small, but mighty and all over the map. We use JSM mainly to coordinate our work with our Dev team. This is critical for us given that I am the only person in Product in terms of management. We also tend to wear many hats as our CTO has actually been focusing on product innovation.
    • We have a UX/UI member in Turkey, our Dev team is in Pakistan, our CEO and COO are in the Pacific Time zone, our CTO is in the Mountain Time zone US, our sales team is in Eastern Time Zone. I am in the middle in the Central Time zone. Coordinating all of the work that is happening, beginning the Agile/Scrum process with those who have no experience (except our Dev team). JSM allows me the opportunity to keep our product moving forward while we develop new ways of working.
  • Any fun facts you want to share
    • I work from home and share an office with my son who is a Junior in HS. He and my other 2 sons who are Sophomores have been doing school online for the past 6 years. My dogs also like to join us from time to time right in the middle of important meetings. 
    • I am excited to be able to learn and grow within this group.
Like # people like this
Srinatha T
Atlassian Team
May 26, 2022

Hi @Nicole Christensen , Welcome to the community. !

Like # people like this
Carmela Marco May 26, 2022

Welcome Nicole!

Like # people like this
Nicole Christensen May 31, 2022

Thank you @Srinatha T  and @Carmela Marco!  

Mayur Jadhav
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 28, 2022

Hi Community!!

I have been using JSM more than year now.

We are using it for Customer support, HR Operations, IT Support, Referral portal and many more.

I think JSM is one of the best product of Atlassian.

Like # people like this
Darryl Lee
Atlassian Team
May 30, 2022

Welcome to the community! @Mayur Jadhav 

Like # people like this
Mayur Jadhav
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 30, 2022

Thanks @Darryl Lee 

Like # people like this
Brittany Wispell
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 21, 2022

Hello all! 

I have been using or administering JSD/JSM since 2015. Yes, back when it was merely an app to add on to Jira Software. 

I've really enjoyed watching it evolve over the years and JSD/JSM has been my favorite tool to admin. Of course, in combination with Insight, & automation for Jira, JSM now feels like it can do anything! 

I am here to help answer any questions! 

Connor
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 21, 2022

Hello, I'm the primary Atlassian admin for my company, and we've been using JSM for ~1.5 years now. I look forward to learning as much as I can about JSM from this group.

Rilwan Ahmed
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 21, 2022

Hi All,

I am been using JSM (server) for 5+ years now. Recently I started using the JSM free cloud version to check how different it is when compared to server/DC. 

We use JSM for our IT helpdesk purpose and for ITIL related stuffs like Incident Management, Problem Management, Change managements.

We have also integrated with different monitoring and alert tools like Icinga so that any incident is created a ticket in JSM. 

We are using JSM for asset managements and even for HR (Human resource) activity like new hire, resignations and clearance requests.  

Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 22, 2022

New to JSM, not new to Atlassian.  Thanks for having me.

Mayur Jadhav
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 22, 2022

Hi @Craig Nodwell ,

Welcome 

Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 22, 2022

Thank you.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events