Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome to the "New to JSM" group! - Introduce yourselves here! (please)

Viewing page 2 of 9

220 comments

Comment

Kristin Lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 11, 2021

Hello!  I'm new to this group, not SUPER new to JSM but always willing to learn more!

Like # people like this
Martin Bayer _MoroSystems_ s_r_o__
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 12, 2021

Hi, I'm new here :)

• How long have you been using Jira Service Management? - JSM is the less used Jira Application by me so I'm here to learn JSM specific use cases
Like # people like this
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 15, 2021

Just wanted to say a quick hello to everyone who's joined since I last popped on here 😄 it's so great to hear I'm not the only one in the same boat and very excited to learn with / from you guys!

Have a good one 🙌 Laura

Like # people like this
Callum Carlile _Automation Consultants_
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 16, 2021

Hey everybody 👋

I've been using JSD/JSM for a few years now.

We're not currently using JSM in the 'conventional' way as a customer service desk tool. We're using the customer portal primarily as a data capture tool, and are making the most of the SLAs that come with JSM as a way to track response time and performance of those who use it

Like # people like this
Marco Brundel
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2021

Hi,

I have been using JSM for more then 4 years now and in the last 4 years I’ve helped different companies with the configuration of JSM and also the configuration of Insight.

I was closely involved for a use case at a supplier of charging stations for electric cars for which we as a partner were awarded the award by Atlassian: Atlassian partner of the year 2020 in the Technology Innovator category. This use case can be found (in Dutch) at https://www.prepend.nl/site/servicemanagement-optimisation-voor-alfen

A thing that I think I can mention under funny facts is that my son who collects special design socks regularly asks me if I can arrange renewed design Atlassian socks again :-)

Regards, Marco Brundel

Like # people like this
M Amine
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 22, 2021

Hello everyone,

Hope you are doing well. 

I have been using JSM since ... VertygoSLA. 

I have extensive experience in JSM and I'm here to learn and help

Like # people like this
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 22, 2021

Wow that's even the first time I'm hearing about VertygoSLA :) welcome to the group!

Like Craig Nodwell likes this
Craig Barrack November 23, 2021

Hi Michael,

Nice to e-meet you. I've been using Jira for a year.

Cheers, Craig

Like # people like this
Alexander Pappert
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 24, 2021

Hi,

I'm JIRA Server admin for >4 years.

Also Confluence User since 3 months.

The company I work for doesn't have JSM, but I am using to create some service requests for some software products we use. It's a great tool.

Ignacio Pulgar
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 28, 2021

Hi all!

I started working with JSM 8 years ago. Well, by then it was named Jira Service Desk and the Atlassian Community was named Atlassian Answers.

I started working with Jira in a Dutch company as a Jira and Confluence admin. Atlassian Solution Partners were then named Atlassian Experts.

Also, Community Leaders didn't exist yet, but when Atlassian first introduced this concept they named us Community Champions.

My especial and unique case of JSM is also the fun fact I wanted to share. While I was working as an Atlassian Consultant for a Solution Partner, one customer insisted in creating custom fields with really long names.

They were actually building a form and, since the clauses to be approved were written by the Legal Department, the customer was very reluctant to use shorter field names.

It was something about travelling during the pandemic, which required to inform the employees of the risks of travelling in those circumstances, so that they acknowledged them and the company were on the safe side from a legal point of view.

Several times we faced the issue of not being able to include the question in 255 characters, which we could somehow circumvent by shortening the question a bit.

Now that Atlassian has acquired Thinktilt and ProForma is going to be included into all flavours of Jira, this won't be a problem anymore! :)

By the way, I was finally able to convince of shortening a few of the custom field names for things like Privacy Policy, although on the JSM portal the full question was shown instead.

But some long questions were kept as the custom field name... Can you imagine a JQL advanced query with multiple 255-character field names?

Crazy!! :D

Like # people like this
Hakeem Olasupo
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 28, 2021

You are welcome 🙂😁

Like # people like this
Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 11, 2021

👋 Hi everyone, nice to meet you all.

1. How long have you been using Jira Service Management? It's going to be 6 years now!
2. Have a special or unique use case for JSM? (If you do, you should submit your use case here for a chance to win.) I guess our use case is really common, we use JSM for our apps service desk so our customers can raise their feedback about our apps and reach out when they need help.
3. Any fun facts you want to share? I'm a self-proclaimed Jira geek 🤓 

Like # people like this
Evan Emerson December 13, 2021

Hi, I am Evan Emerson.

Work with Einstein Analytics AKA Tableau CRM.

New to using whatever this is and appreciate the help and support.

Thanks!

Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 15, 2021

Hello @Mikael Sandberg & Everyone,

I have experience in Jira over past 2 1/2 years and has been a person who is interested in getting to know new features.

One such tool with Atlassian is JSM, where we have seen more improvement and features with tool over the past year, so excited to learn and share the knowledge with community.

Thanks

Pramodh

Gaurav
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 16, 2021

Hello @Mikael Sandberg and fellow leaders,

Happy to join this group!!

I have been using JSM for about a year and have performed a POC to use it to track the progress of the procurement process in the Manufacturing industry.

Ram Kumar Aravindakshan _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 20, 2021

Hi All,

I am new to this group. I have been working with JSD/JSM for almost three years now. I am still learning and trying to improve myself.

Cheers,

Ram Kumar

Serge Lanteigne December 30, 2021

Hi all, I'm just getting started with Jira Service Management.  Just started my new role about 4 weeks ago and I need to integrate JSM for a Financial Institution to manage service request, incident, problems, change, etc.  JSM seems to be very powerfull and I'm very excited to be part of our ITSM team.

Josh Costella
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 7, 2022

Hi all,

Former Atlassian Consultant and now Manager of the Atlassian Solutions team at Nextiva. 

Atlassian Certified Expert (including JSM) and ITIL 4 certified.

At Nextiva we started with "JSD" with 3 users. Utilized some custom post-functions and automation to move tickets into regular JSW projects. ;) This was back in early 2018. 

Now, we've got over 30 JSM projects and 300 agents. How times have changed! 

JSM has become my favorite Atlassian product and I'm super excited to see all the new features and functionality continue to come out. 

Happy to be a resource and answer any questions!

Versified Technology January 9, 2022

My name is Christian Otoo using Jira on behave of my company. I started using Jira for less than a month. I'm here to learn and improve in project management.

Mike Rathwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 12, 2022

Hi. My name is Mike and I am an Atlassian Administrator. I have been using JSD for many years and just moved over to JSM when I finished migrating our instances to Cloud.

I have 8 service desks now covering IT, Workplace, Legal, Bug reporting, Procurement, Accounts Payable, and Payroll. I have a request for Merch pending.

WIth careful layout and single voice/style the entire company knows this is where to come get help and/or ask for stuff. More teams want their own desk as time goes on. 

Wish JSM could use a motion GIF as the banner image like JSD could because I have a great custom one our Graphic Design team made for me.

elizabeth_jones
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 12, 2022

Hello!

My current organization does not use JSM, but I have used JSM at a previous company and helped make the switch from Zendesk to JSM and used it happily for many years. 

Like # people like this
Utkarsh Agarwal _Nagarro_
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 27, 2022

Hi

I have been using JSM for 3 years now. Looking forward to contribute and learn being a part of this group.

Currently I am exploring Insight & figuring out ways to migrate Insight from server to cloud.

Like # people like this
sbarden February 1, 2022

Hello everyone!

I've been using JSM for about 2 months now.

I don't have any special case yet

JSM is quite comprehensive and useful

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 2, 2022

Welcome @sbarden !

Be sure to let us know if any special case pops up that you are having trouble with implementing or if you just have some questions about features you are not familiar with.

JSM is indeed comprehensive, which might sometimes lead to us losing our way as well :)

Carlos Garcia Navarro
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 5, 2022

Hi there!

I've been using JSM for 5 years. I learned about it when it was Jira Service desk, and quickly became my favorite Atlassian product. I love for the portal, SLAs and knowledge base functionalities. My favorite use case was the integration with VictorOps for incident management. My other favorite use case is the integration with Halp to integrate it with Slack.

Bastian Stehmann
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 8, 2022

Hi, 

I'm with JSM since 3-4 years now.

We used it for customer support and as single point of contact for our team  as it offers a close integration with Jira software and is pretty simple to use.

Later we also used the Opsgenie integration, which lifted it on another level.

Mary Mascari February 10, 2022

Hi! I'm brand new to Jira and JSM. We just did a jump-shift to JSM from Spiceworks, but now we need to figure out how to actually configure things properly to take advantage of the product.

We use it for our internal IT help desk.

Fun fact: A crocodile can't stick its tongue out. 

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 10, 2022

Hi @Mary Mascari and welcome to the group!

Feel free to post questions if you are stuck or are struggling with some of the concepts. It can be quite complex at time when you first meet Jira/JSM to grasp how the configuration with all it's scheme's fits together :)

Sudhir Pant March 1, 2022

I am Sudhir Pant from India.

I am new to this group as well as new to JSM product too. In past, I lead a project for consolidation of service management across various geographies, diffetent tools or versions to one common tool, process and organisation.

I would like to learn and understand more about JSM and use it for a use case.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events