Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ID "To" Email in tickets created by auto-forward

Anna Zoucha July 20, 2023

Hi all,

I've got a JSM project that creates tickets for incoming emails auto-forwarded from two different inboxes. I need a way to identify which inbox the tickets are coming from, but haven't been able to find any solutions and the only documentation I've been able to find is an unanswered question. 

Any ideas apart from manual queue management? 

TIA!

1 answer

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Jim Bren July 20, 2023

just spit-balling, but I've done similar setups by changing the Summary field based on the reporter. 

So I guess I should start by saying that I always pre-populate and hide the summary field from the form the user populates. The summary matches whatever the title of the form is.

This also assumes that the email addresses that originate your requests are set up as users. here we'll call them Sender 1 and Sender 2

Say you've got a request type called something like IT Service Requests, and this is preset in your Summary field. The automation will identify the sender and edit the Summary

Trigger: issue created -->
Issue fields condition: Reporter equals 'reporting email address' (in my screenshot the reporter is Test) -->
Edit Issue fields: Summary and fill in something like IT Service Request: {{reporter.displayName}}

When the ticket is actually submitted the summary field will read IT Service Request: Sender 1

Does that makes sense?

2023-07-20 11_07_12-Automation - Jira Service Management.png

Keith Jones
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 20, 2023

Another possible workaround is to have a "shadow" service project. Emails from address1 go to project1, and address2 go to project2. You then have automation that will copy or move the issue from project2 to project1.

Like Kalin U likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events