Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have set up a test Jira Service Management project and want to customise fields and screens.

Martin Wickham April 3, 2024

I have already added a cascading field as a customised field to capture service catalogue information (Service category / Service item). I am looking for a quick summary on modifying the Issue schema/s to make the field visible and I would also like to know if cascading fields are easy to report against (eg I would like to be able to report issues against service category (top level) and or service item (sub level). Is there some easy guide to address this?

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Rebekka Heilmann _viadee_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 4, 2024

Hi @Martin Wickham  and welcome to the Community!

There is no "quick summary". If you are referring to the Customer view, you'll have to create and edit the Request type: Customize the fields of a request type | Jira Service Management Cloud | Atlassian Support

For the issue view, the field needs to be added to the Screen that then needs to be added to the Screen Scheme and Issue Type Screen Scheme -> Configure issue screens | Atlassian Support

As for Reporting it's fairly straight forward, especially in the Basic issue search:

Screenshot 2024-04-04 094936.png

JQL: "cascading list[select list (cascading)]" in cascadeOption(10067, 10070)

Martin Wickham April 17, 2024

Thanks for taking the time to answer Rebekka, and sorry for the slow reply - I'm working half time on this project but hoping to move quickly. I managed to find out how to associate my new fields with certain screens but was finding it tricky to locate the screen configuration menu to control the presentation. I've jumped out of the configuration detail for the moment as I' trying to build the business case to get buy in for JSM, Jira S/W, confluence and bitbucket as an overall solution to manage  everything from requirements gathering to development, deployment and support, I may get back to you when I am going through the detailed implementation.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events