Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Adding new sub-tasks types to the issue types on a team-managed project

misto I'm New Here Apr 10, 2022

I added new Sub-Tasks types ( Sub-Bugs & Code Review) to our team-managed project but I can't be able to see them when creating an issue, what should I do to be able to see them & use them? 

Note: I need them to organize the story-related bugs mainly, if it was impossible to solve the above problem with the team-managed project type please do suggest any good suggestions to handle the above use case. 

1 answer

0 votes

Hi @misto ,

welcome to the Atlassian community!

If you added a new sub tasks issue type (https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/manage-subtasks-in-team-managed-projects/) to your team managed project you should be to create a ticket with that type starting from a parent task just clicking on "Add a child issue" button

Immagine.png

You can't create a subtasks from Create screen because that operation allows you just to create a parent task and not a child one.

Hope this helps,

Fabio

misto I'm New Here Apr 13, 2022

Hello Fibo 

Thanks for your reply, 

Yup, I do know about the subtask or child issues feature, but what I was looking for is the ability to create more than one type of sub-tasks so the team can be able to use it in a much more efficient way. 

Examples: 

• Subtask / Child Issue -->  with bug type or title for QA team. without a need of creating a new stand-alone story for that.
  • Subtask / Child Issue -->  with Investigation type or title to be used by the team when they investigate something without a need of creating a new stand-alone story for that.

I was researching about this thing before and there is an ability for such thing but not for my JIRA project type ( Team-managed project), and switching to the other project type will eventually require lots of time and effort while I just looking for just this feature in my team-managed project.

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you