Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is the best way to get my team mates to join the group?

Andrew Kyle
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 23, 2021

Do we make it mandatory or volunteer.  Should we host a brief meeting to introduce our team to this new platform? 

3 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

2 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 23, 2021

@Andrew Kyle are you referring to having rolled out Confluence internally, and now you want to create traction around it? Is that what you are looking for advice on? LMK so I can provide the appropriate ideas and best practices.

Andrew Kyle
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 23, 2021

Eventually rolling it out to my inhouse team is my goal while exploring the platform. 

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 23, 2021

Welcome to Confluence @Andrew Kyle! This is a life changing moment for you. Take a deep breath and survey your surroundings - you'll want to remember this in the years to come!

Atlassian University has some great free (and paid) resources. I highly recommend you take the Confluence Fundamentals course, which is free, recently revamped, and an excellent primer for how to use Confluence. 

Atlassian University 

I also recommend you create a personal Space in your Confluence instance and just start playing there with creating, editing, formatting and using macros for pages and content - hands on experience is the best experience to learn from!

From there, start sharing some of the content with your teammates, and incentivize them to work through the Confluence basics courses in Atlassian University. I have found that exposing team members to the already created content in Confluence both demonstrates the power of the platform as well as removes the stage fright of seeing a blank canvas.  

A few more resources:

Confluence Overview

How to Create a Culture of Knowledge Sharing

And of course, keep coming back here with questions and we'll be here to support you on your journey!

22-you-got-this-meme-9.jpg

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 23, 2021

@Andrew Kyle here is another resource from the Community:

Getting Started with Confluence (Atlympics submission) 

0 votes
Reginald G_ Langar May 5, 2022

Coordination holds team mates together

0 votes
Johnny FromCanada December 23, 2021

The Lean-Agile way encourages Team self-organization.  As a leader, you can encourage, cultivate, nucleate, facilitate, etc.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events