Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi, I'm new here. I would like to know what are the benefits of using Confluence in the company.

João Victor Fagundes
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 20, 2021
What benefits using Confluence can bring to employees and the entire company?

2 answers

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

3 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 20, 2021

Here is an excerpt form the business case I wrote when bringing Confluence to my current company, I am pasting here since I think this expresses the benefits very well (if I don't say so myself)! 

There are also some great resources online from Atlassian you can use to understand the benefits of utilizing Confluence. I'll try to post more links...

THE PROJECT

Confluence would be the platform we utilize as a knowledgebase for internal users to become a single point of reference for all institutional knowledge. It will create a cohesiveness between departments with the same information being readily available and searchable by all employees and will become the main repository for documents and documentation. It will remove the silos of information stored in inaccessible My Documents folders and email mailboxes, and take the ‘Googling’ out of the job.

THE HISTORY

The company currently has no solution for centralized storage, retrieval and presentation of key information that is required for individuals in the organization to execute in their roles. As the company has expanded, knowledge has been diluted and the disparate use of tools has created information sprawl. Workflowy, Google Docs, OneNote, emails and attachments are examples of the many locations that knowledge is currently stored. These silos create lack of access to the knowledge as well as no method of reviewing/revising/updating them to ensure that they are current. Additionally there are repetitive Slack/Email requests for the same information.

BENEFITS

§  An internal KB cuts out over 80% of the guesswork, provides a centralized repository for knowledge, is searchable, manageable and digestible. It also is secure, and access can be turned on/off in an instant.

§  Eliminates 3rd party (paid and non-paid) tools and KB sprawl.

§  Allows for revisioning updating and tracking, ensuring employees are always looking at the latest information available.

§  Will create a culture of a community of collaborators where sharing is valued over hoarding.

§  Supports our core values of transparency - information is shared, not hoarded and prevents corruption of information; collaboration - together we can build right solutions for employees, agents and merchants.

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 20, 2021
Like # people like this
0 votes
Stefen Kumar
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 3, 2023

Could some one assist and walk me through this portal.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events